Switch my Microsoft 365 account to Exchange in Mail (iOS)
If you're using Microsoft 365 as POP or IMAP, your data (including mail, contacts, and calendars) might not be connected to your email and could be lost if you delete that account. To prevent any data loss, and to get the most secure, fast, and reliable email, switch your POP or IMAP account to Exchange.
- Sign in to Outlook on the web. Use your Microsoft 365 email address and password (your GoDaddy username and password won't work here). If you see email in your inbox, continue to the next step.
- Go to your iPhone or iPad's Settings and tap Mail.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Enter your Email and a short Description (like your company's name or email type), and then tap Next.
- Tap Sign In to confirm you want to use your Microsoft Exchange account.
- Enter your Password and tap Sign In. (You might need to choose your account type as a Work or School to continue.)
Note: If Microsoft can't find your account, you might be asked to enter your details manually:
• Email = your Microsoft 365 email address
• Password = your Microsoft 365 email password
• Server = outlook.office365.com (this is required)
• Domain = This can be left empty
• Username = your Microsoft 365 email address
- If your admin enabled multi-factor authentication (MFA) (also called two-step verification), you'll need to verify your account.
- Tap Next. You might be asked to select Consent on behalf of your organization. This allows Microsoft 365 and the Mail app to work together. Tap Accept.
- Tap Save. You can come back and update settings here at any point.
- That's it! You'll see your Microsoft 365 account under Accounts.
Compare your POP/IMAP and Exchange accounts. If your email is in Exchange, remove the POP/IMAP version from your device.
- If you use other email clients, set up Exchange on them as well.