Verify my HostGator domain ownership
To set up your Microsoft 365 email address with a domain at HostGator, you'll need to change your HostGator DNS settings twice. Once with a TXT verification record to verify your domain ownership, and a second time with the rest of your Microsoft 365 DNS details to set your mail destination.
The TXT record value that you need to create is in your Microsoft 365 account. If you need to sign back in, select Help me fix this.
- Sign in to your HostGator cPanel.
- In the Domains section, select Advanced DNS Zone Editor.
- In Add a Record section, enter the following:
- Name: @
- TTL: 7200
- Type: TXT
- Address: The TXT value we show in your Microsoft 365 account.
- Select Add Record.
Contact HostGator customer support at 1 (866) 964-2867 if you need additional help.
- Have GoDaddy check your TXT record by signing in to your Microsoft 365 account and selecting I set my TXT record. Check, please! After your ownership is verified, you'll see the rest of your Microsoft 365 setup instructions. Use these to set your Microsoft 365 mail destination for your HostGator domain.
- Learn more from HostGator.